When you use our services, you’re trusting us not only with your dog but also with your information. We understand that this is a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Our Approach To Privacy
Vet in the City Limited is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
Personal Information We Collect About You And How We Use It
We collect personal information that you voluntarily submit directly to us when you use our Service. This can include information you provide to us when you register for our service, fill in a contact form on our website, create or edit your user profile on the Service, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, respond to a survey, post comments in forums, enter a promotion, or use some other feature of our Service. We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as social networks.
We will indicate to you where the provision of certain personal information is required in order for us to provide you certain features of the Service. If you choose not to provide such personal information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or respond to your other requests.
When you register for the service we will collect contact information such as your name, phone number, address and e-mail address. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, including to facilitate the shipment of products ordered through the Service. We also use this information to communicate with you, including sending service-related communications (such as statements, invoices, order confirmations and updates). The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract and to take steps prior to entering into the contract. We will share your personal information with third party logistics providers such as the post office for the purposes of fulfilling your order; your primary veterinary practice; ezofficesystems Limited who provide our veterinary software.
Information about your dog
When you register for the service we will collect information about your dog such as their name, breed, sex, age, current medication, known allergies, insurance company and your primary veterinary practice. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, including providing medical treatment. The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract and to take steps prior to entering into the contract. We will share your personal information with your primary veterinary practice.
Correspondence, comments and Opinions
When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone or when you complete an online form, we will
record your comments and opinions. We use this information to address your questions, issues and concerns. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely communicating with users and responding to queries, complaints and concerns.
Payment and Transaction information
When you register for the service we will setup a direct debit through our payment partner GoCardless Ltd. If we send you direct invoices you may be asked to pay your invoice via our online payment provider Stripe Inc. As payment institution authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) they provide a secure environment for processing payments. Vet in the city will not store any of your bank details. We will collect data such as the items purchased and the date and time of your transactions. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, including providing you statements, invoices, order confirmations and updates.
We also automatically collect personal information indirectly about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access our website.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition we may also share your personal information with the following:
- Service providers and advisors: we may share your personal information with third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include providing mailing, email or chat services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or
providing analytic services.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or
acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
Marketing And Advertising
From time to time we may contact you with information about our products and services. Most marketing messages we send will be by email. For some marketing messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant marketing information to share with you. You can also change your marketing preferences at a later date by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Storing And Transferring Your Personal Information
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers. All electronic transactions
entered into via our website will be protected by SSL encryption technology. We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your IDs, passwords, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
International Transfers of your Personal Information
Your Rights In Respect Of Your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your national data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including those of other users, our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Service is not directed at persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that
we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us.
Changes To This Policy
Notice To You
If we need to provide you with information about something, whether for legal, marketing or other business related purposes, we will select what we believe is the best way to get in contact with you. We will usually do this through email or by placing a notice on our Service. The fact that we
You can use our contact form here: vetinthecity.com/contact/
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for trusting us with your dog’s health and wellness.
These terms and conditions where last modified on 21th May 2018.