Annual vaccinations
Including Kennel Cough
Monthly flea and lungworm
Quarterly intestinal worm
Monthly weight check
Monthly health check
Pamper Package
(skin folds, ears, nails & bum)
Annual urine test
Lots and lots of treats
per month
for one dog
£24 per month
for your second dog
Simple online registration.

No hidden costs.

No surprise fees.

Rolling monthly contact.

Cancel anytime.

Your dog’s proactive healthcare

Much as we wish, our dogs cannot talk to us. They cannot say their hips are hurting a little, their eyesight isn’t what it used to be, or they’re bothered by a new lump or bump.

Vet in the City takes a holistic approach to your dog’s health and wellness. In the company of their pooch pals and friendly human family, each assessment is as stress-free as possible. In fact, examining a relaxed dog in a familiar environment gives a much more accurate picture of their well-being than can often be achieved in the clinic.

Each health check will assess your dog’s
Gait and movement
Weight and body condition
Hydration status
Heart and lung rate, sounds and pulses
Peripheral lymph nodes
Eyes and vision, ears and canals
Skin and coat condition. This includes a flea and tick check and thorough investigation for any lumps, bumps or changes.
Teeth and Gums
Abdominal palpation. This means gently feeling the tummy and inside organs.

We also perform an annual urine test to monitor kidney function.

With regular health and weight checks, we identify concerns at an early stage, allowing for their best possible outcome. Should a concern be found, we will contact you to discuss it. We then send a detailed written report and recommendation to your primary veterinary practitioner or specialist.

Your dog’s preventative medicine
Preventative care supports a happy and long life. We administer your dog’s annual vaccinations and provide year round protection against parasites.

No one wants their dog to catch an infectious disease, and vaccination is one of the ways that we can help protect them. Annual boosters are necessary against some diseases. But not all.

Vet in the City will administer only those vaccines needed to maintain protection. We use vaccines that are licensed to provide three years protection against Parvovirus, Canine Hepatitis and Distemper. Leptospirosis requires a yearly vaccination. Vet in the City provides the improved vaccine that offers protection against all four strains of the disease. This is especially important for dogs who travel. We also provide yearly protection against Kennel Cough. Its name, unfortunately, is a misnomer, as it is transmitted when any dogs are in close contact (like in daycare, not just in kennels). It is spread by coughing, sneezing or nose to nose contact and the intranasal vaccine mirrors this natural route of infection.

Click here for further reading on the diseases we vaccinate your dog against.

Parasite Control
Your dog, their age and breed, alongside their home and daycare environment and travel plans are all considered. We create a flea, mite and worm control programme, tailored to their individual needs.

External Parasites
Itchy and irritating, fleas and other external parasites pass from one animal to another. In the case of fleas, eggs are laid on the animal but can fall into the environment, for instance, into bedding or on the carpet. Often only 5% of a flea population are seen on a dog, and the troublesome remaining 95% can live in your home environment.

Click here for further reading on these parasites and the treatment used.

Internal Parasites
If your dog appears to be in good health, it’s easy to become complacent about deworming. Why go to the expense and hassle of trying to give them a tablet every few months if they seem to be perfectly fine?

The answer is simple. Tapeworm, roundworm, lungworm, hookworm and whipworm – they are all just as nasty as they sound. They can live off your dog for weeks or months without them showing noticeable symptoms. During that time they can be doing lasting damage to their respiratory, cardiovascular and digestive system as well as other internal organs.

Sadly, in the case of Lungworm, they can even prove fatal. Some worms can also pass from pets to people, furthering the importance of control. Click here for further reading on these worms and the treatments used.

Regular treatment using veterinary strength prescription-only medicines eliminates the risk of infection and disease. You no longer need to remember when to apply your spot-ons or struggle to give tablets; we do that for you!

Pamper Package
Nail trimming (or as we like to call it, a paw-dicure!), ear cleaning and anal gland expression all done as often as requested or required.

Fewer trips to the groomers, shorter nails and less bum scooting.

Vet in the City offers a holistic approach to your dog’s health and wellness. We visit a select number of doggy daycares and offices, providing proactive and preventative healthcare.